Sunday, May 1, 2011

Russian Fudge

This is a recipe I got given at work. It seems to be doing the rounds, with everyone at work making it. It's extremely simple, and, like the carrot halwa, is made in the microwave.

Combine the sugar, condensed milk, and butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for nine minutes, stirring thoroughly every three minutes. Stir in the white chocolate melts and microwave for three more minutes. Put in a slice dish to set (or on a lined baking tray).

I didn't have Nestle melts, so I just used Pam's white chocolate buttons. And I had ghee leftover from making the carrot halwa, so I used that instead of butter. Didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Watch your microwave power settings as mine is too powerful, and I ended up with half the fudge on the rotating tray instead of in the dish. Was quite a mess! I cooked my fudge on medium power (1200 watt microwave), and it still came out in the last three minutes before the buttons go in.

Not for diabetics :)

Ingredients:
3 cups brown sugar
1 can condensed milk
125 g butter
375 g packet Nestle white chocolate melts

No comments:

Post a Comment