Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pan-fried lamb with leeks and beans

I got this recipe off Hairy Bikers. Except I didn't have pork, so I used lamb. Real lamb, not hogget or mutton that pretends to be lamb, mind you. Now that I go to the Saturday markets, I've become quite the lamb snob :)
I didn't have flageolet beans either, so I used a can of "Mixed Beans". And I didn't have Calvados, so I used Apple Schnapps, and I didn't have apple juice, so I used leftover stock that I had in the fridge. Frugal!

Three leeks turned out to be a LOT of vegetables, and the lamb turned out perfect. The creamy sauce is really tasty and is a perfect fit to the leeks. I didn't have any sage leaves either, so I just went without that part of the recipe. Actually, come to think of it, I didn't have any garlic that day, haha, I did use more mustard that it said, so it was quite noticeable.

In the end, it was quite a variation from the recipe, but it was still delicious and didn't cost me a fortune having to buy things I didn't have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment