Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fried mozzarella and aubergine sandwiches with tomato salad

I got this recipe off Hairy Bikers (man, I love that show). It's very filling, and I assume it is quite low in calories as most of the ingredients are vegetables. I watched them make this recipe on TV and recreated it from memory. Which means I forgot half the ingredients :)

So my salad only had tomatoes, olives, gherkins, salt, and a dash of olive oil. Was still tasty though!
Surprisingly I remembered everything that went into the sandwiches, except the flour. But seeing as there's already breadcrumbs, I figured I didn't need it. I left the frying pan a bit too hot and let the sandwiches burn. Next time must remember to use lower heat as my stove is super powerful -- medium heat is enough to boil water (ie. high heat on every other stove).

We ate these for Sunday brunch and it was quite pleasant to start the day with so many vegetables :)

No comments:

Post a Comment