Monday, April 18, 2011

Doom, Gloom, and Comfort Food

The weather is giving us a taste of winter, gail winds, rain, really cold. I leave work at 4.30-5, and still get home in the dark. Miserable. The house is cold and uninviting. The birds go to sleep when the light dims, so even they're not awake to greet me when I arrive.

My phone is broken, so no pictures. No recipe either because there isn't much in the way of ingredients at the house today. Just kinda all doom and gloom really.

But I was feeling motivated to cook something. So I grabbed a pasta bake sauce from the pantry. However, it called for pasta and some bacon and I had neither! So instead I cooked some potatoes and saveloys and mixed those up with the pasta bake, piled some cheese on top and voila! tasty, fattening, and very much the perfect comfort food. For all those times when I need reminding that I still have a mortgage to pay and not that much money to pay it with. ¡No Pasarán!

No comments:

Post a Comment